Powell Funeral Home, Inc. was established in 1908 by Frederick B. Powell, originally operating under the name of Powell & Robbins, Inc. Funeral Directors and Embalmers. In 1922 the name was changed to F.B. Powell & Son when Benjamin F. Powell joined his father in business. In 1931 C. Wesley Powell, father of Wesley C. Powell and grandfather of Wesley A. (Andy) Powell, joined the firm. In 1952 the firm incorporated as Powell Funeral Home, Inc. and moved to its present location at 67 Broadway, Amityville, N.Y. In March of 1968 the firm name was changed to Powell & Lieblang Funeral Home, Inc. when John M. Lieblang became a partner. In 1976 the name reverted back to Powell Funeral Home, Inc. when Wesley C. Powell, who was first associated with the firm in 1948 as a young student, rejoined the firm as a corporate officer. In 1979 his son, Wesley A. (Andy) Powell joined the firm, becoming the fifth generation of the family to enter the business and its current manager.
Our building , which has undergone several renovations through the years, passed the century milestone in 2007 and the business itself celebrated 100 years of service to the community in 2008.
After five generations and over 100 years of continued service to Amityville and the surrounding communities we honor our first three generations, Frederick B. Powell (1866-1934), Benjamin F. Powell (1890-1067),C. Wesley Powell (1908-1990), and continue their tradition of providing each family with the care and individual attention they deserve.